Rossi Custom Homes strives to make sure your new home building project or renovation is as sustainable and environmentally friendly as possible. We have a long history as green home builders in the Metroplex, and look at each home as a whole ecosystem. This thought process informs our entire approach to green building and allows us to reduce our carbon footprint for generations to come.
• When we remodel a home we sort and recycle old materials so that we may donate them to Habitat for Humanity so that they can go on to be loved by less fortunate families instead of filling up landfills.
• We build sustainable structures. We choose materials that are meant to last so that we cut down on waste in the long run.
• We’re concerned about Dallas water issues, so we install hot water circulation systems. These systems are far more efficient, and you will never have to run the shower for five minutes waiting for the hot water to arrive again, which means less water down the drain. It also means you save time and get a pleasant hot shower on demand.
• We often use solid surface flooring. Carpet requires a ton of care and is not sustainable. Eventually carpet ends up in the landfill, but wood flooring can last for decades and is biodegradable.
• We pay extra attention to energy efficiency by choosing the right A/C unit, the right insulation, and the right installation. The way your windows open to catch the breeze can make a big difference to the amount of energy your home is using.
Green building does not have to cost extra. In many cases, green building practices can cost less than traditional building practices, both in terms of up-front costs and in the long run as you save money on your water and electricity bill.